All system requirements of WordPress are supported at 1&1 hosting.
- PHP version 4.2 or greater
- MySQL version version 4.0 or greater
- The Apache mod_rewrite module
Here is a quick step on how to install WordPress.
1. Download the latest version of WordPress.
2. Extract the zip file (wordpress-3.0.1.zip)
3. Login to your 1&1 control panel to get the ftp username and password. Use the ftp information to your filezilla to connect to your web space.
Informations required to connect to your webspace.
- ftp username
- ftp password
4. Upload the extracted file to your web space. I’m using filezilla to upload my wordpress file to my web space.
5. Point your domain to the folder that you have uploaded to your web space. Do this in your 1&1 control panel.
6. Type your domain name to the browser and just follow the instructions.
Click –> Create Configuration File –> Let’s Go! –> Replace the database information to your database information from your 1&1 control panel –> Run Install –> Install WordPress.